Hilton Haulage is a diverse, well established organisation offering transport and logistics solutions to a wide range of customers throughout New Zealand. We operate at the forefront of our industry and we continue to go from strength to strength.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced professional to support the leadership team by managing their administration and office related requirements in a busy office located in Sockburn, Christchurch. You will be responsible for all administrative, secretarial and project work required to manage the day to day operations and activities of the senior leadership team.
We are seeking someone who can hit the ground running, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage competing demands and anticipate the needs of the team. In addition, you need to be able to display a high level of discretion and confidentiality. You must thrive in a truly dynamic environment – no day is ever the same.
This position is to provide service and support, with the key responsibilities being:
- Leadership team administration:
- Co-ordinate schedules and have an acuity of key dates
- Prepare agendas and organise meetings
- Record meeting minutes
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports when and as required
- Reconcile budgets and spending
- Assist with supplier relationships by drafting core correspondence
- Review a wide range of documents
- Marketing and Promotion:
- Assist with management of websites and the internal Facebook page
- Deliver internal marketing to support initiatives of the wider team
- Design and distribute all promotional materials
- Event Management:
- Book travel, accommodation, venues and catering for meetings and presentations
- Plan and organise a range of events over our multi-site operation, such as internal training sessions, career expos, truck shows
- General Administration Support:
- Reception duties
- Stationery and supplies management
- Warehouse management
- Answer enquires and provide assistance to the support services of the business e.g. HR, IT, Finance
- Field all inbound enquires
- Project Related work:
- Assist with the preparation of customer documents and proposals
- Identify improvements and initiatives that will add value to the company
- Responsible for the facilitation of the company internal engagement surveys and subsequent results
To be successful in this role, you will offer a minimum of 5 years of experience in a highly varied administrative support role. An engaging nature with a professional attitude is required, as is the ability to work with employees at all levels of the business. While an understanding of the transport, logistics or supply chain industries would be an advantage, this is not essential.
You need to have a calm go-to person approach, as well as an advanced level of proficiency with the MS Office suite and the ability to learn new systems quickly. While this is a Monday to Friday position with standard hours of 8am-5pm, there is the requirement to be flexible with start and finish times in order to meet the changing needs of the business.
While this is not a typical Executive Assistant role, it does encapsulate a wide range of Executive administration duties. So, if you can bring order to a busy work environment, create space where there is none and provide solutions to the seemingly impossible then apply now!!
The successful applicant will join a well-recognised company at a time of growth. A competitive salary along with full medical insurance will form part of the package. For further information, please call Charlotte Hyde – Senior HR Advisor – on 027 572 8114