Hilton Haulage is a diverse, well established organisation offering transport and logistics solutions throughout NZ. With almost 500 staff nationwide, we operate at the forefront of our industry and we continue to go from strength to strength.
Due to some recent changes within the support team, we are searching for a career driven professional to join the company in the capacity of H&S Manager. This position will report to the Chief People Officer and will join the wider HR, H&S and Compliance team. The position involves the management of two H&S Advisors (based in two different locations).
This is a ‘hands-on’ position where you will be out and about in the business coaching, advising and mentoring operational staff and Managers to ensure engagement and capability lift. Your fresh set of eyes will utilise the opportunity to challenge what we are currently doing and suggest and implement improved change. The business takes safety seriously, and this critical role will work alongside key individuals to develop, implement and maintain best practice H&S strategies and systems and to ensure our safety performance is maximised.
To be successful in this role, you will champion excellence in health and safety and you will be innovative and have experience in the development and implementation of safety policy, frameworks and operational process documentation. You will also be skilled in relationship development and communication, be able to negotiate and influence others to get a desirable outcome, as well as have the ability to work in a fast-paced and variable environment. Ultimately, the H&S Manager will be a strong advocate and leader of our safety vision – Safe Work, Safe Home.
Ideal applicants will offer:
- Significant experience working at management level within the safety space
- Consistent competence in delivering set outcomes and the ability to work at a highly productive pace
- Knowledge of working within a large multi-site operation
- A sound understanding of H&S legislation and its practical application
- A formal and recognised safety qualification (vast hands-on experience only will also be considered)
- Proven background in managing a safety team and ensuring deliverables are met
- Confidence preparing and delivering safety reporting at senior leadership level
- Experience undertaking investigations for notifiable incidents and injuries and making recommendations based on the findings
- Knowledge of the transport and/or logistics sector would be an advantage
This full-time permanent position will be based in Christchurch and will see you spending planned time at all of our sites nationwide.
In exchange, you will enjoy the challenges associated with the fast-moving transport industry and you will relish the opportunity to join a company at a time of significant growth. A competitive salary will be on offer to the successful applicant.
Please apply online by uploading a current CV and completing the online Application Form. Additional information can be obtained by calling Jo Bailey (HR Manager) on 0274030398.
Applications close Friday 8th March 2019